ONE WEEK, ONE COACH, ONE OUTCOME — UPSKILL!
And the skills pay the bills…
5Do you want to immerse yourself in a short, sharp and affordable Shakespeare training?
5Find massive freedom through energised, practical work and wield words as weapons?
5Be coached directly by those who do it for a living at the highest level (RSC, Globe Theatre, National Theatre)?
Register for the ICAT Owning Shakespeare Bootcamp!
This is what others are saying:
‘So inspiring & informative’
‘Straightforward, incisive and stimulating’
‘Wow Wow Wow’
‘I have studied acting for 8 years, and nobody has ever mentioned verse or prose! It all makes so much more sense!’
Over 5 days you will grow your skill set in a high energy and no nonsense environment, using techniques found in leading rehearsal rooms to:
- Get a firm grip of the rules of verse
- Learn the principles of prose
- Read the ‘music of the page’
- Immediately assess Shakespeare’s inbuilt direction
- Own the space and the material, bringing great characters to rich fruition
- Play Shakespeare’s text as if it were coming freshly from your imagination
- This unbelievable value week is a genuine opportunity to gain a solid toolkit and seriously upskill.
Over the week you will:
- Be trained first hand by a highly respected professional actor/practitioner
- Be personally directed, coached and guided through a sonnet and short scenes from various plays
- Absorb and take away a rock solid approach to playing Shakespeare to be immediately applied to any piece of text throughout your career
- Learn how to use Laban efforts to develop physical and emotional characterisation
- Receive ‘impulse training’ to make ANY piece of text truly conversational — even Shakespeare!
- Be introduced to solid acting techniques that develop specificity, truthful connection and freedom, whatever the medium
- Places are limited on this outstanding short course.
Click below to register!
Award winning Royal Shakespeare Company actor: Simon Trinder. Simon has spent the last twenty years working regularly as an actor at the RSC and Globe Theatre amongst others and, in 2019, was a text coach to the company of Richard 2nd at Shakespeare’s Globe.
Who is it for?
Actors or student actors over 18 only
What if I don’t know anything about Shakespeare?
You are more than welcome to join us, this week builds completely from scratch.
What if I have lots of experience already?
Again, you are most welcome! The techniques we apply are adaptable to any and every experience and we thoroughly enjoy ‘tailoring the pressure’ so individuals are pushed according to their needs.
Do I need any special skills?
No. An ability to read fairly confidently is a necessity but we are happy to give play texts out early.
How many participants are there?
26th-30th July, Friends Meeting House, Mount Street, MANCHESTER