‘Blew my mind!’
‘Just amazing and so passionate as a teacher’
Welcome to the Owning Shakespeare Challenge!!
‘In less than two hours, I feel like I’ve learned more intricacies about it than I ever learnt anywhere else’
Sir Peter Hall, founder of the Royal Shakespeare Company, said that:
‘There is no better way for an actor to train their intellect, body, breathing and skills than by playing Shakespeare. It is an olympic course in acting!’
Whether you are a prospective film or tv actor, passionate about contemporary, musical or classical theatre or indeed, all of the above, a firm grasp on the basics of playing Shakespeare will give you OWNERSHIP like nothing else and OWNERSHIP (we believe) underpins everything the actor does!
Shakespeare need not be difficult, boring or irrelevant – on the contrary you will be amazed at the practical skills that any actor can take from understanding why he wrote the way he did and how that impacts even your next Netflix audition!
You will go from:
And never fear feeling ignorant or excluded again whenever anyone mentions The Bard!
- A whole (and simple!) toolkit taken straight from the world’s leading classical rehearsal rooms you can use for the rest of your life!
- What verse and prose means
- Exactly WHY he wrote the way he did and how that directly affects your OWNERSHIP!
- The simple difference between verse & prose that will level you up massively!
- How to spot that difference immediately and put that knowledge into effect to make a deep impression on the listener
- How to create immediate atmosphere and stakes using only what’s on the page
- How to immediately make solid character choices using Shakespeare’s direction
- How to spot when the ‘emotional temperature’ changes and what you can do to ‘play the music’ of the scene beautifully
This 5 day challenge is TOTALLY FREE
‘Simon Trinder is an inspiring teacher and a deeply talented actor’
‘When it comes to teaching Shakespeare, Simon is the Don!’
Join us and the many other actors who have found a new love and understanding of Shakespeare’s world and work through ICAT’s Owning Shakespeare Challenge!