Unit 2 – Finding Acting Freedom
We will now delve into freedom! We will teach you exactly how you as an actor can remain free but specific and strategic in performance.
You will also learn:
- How to select tactics/actions to apply to your role
- A systematic, practical way of accessing any piece of Shakespeare’s text
- How to read ‘the music’ of the page that Shakespeare has woven into his plays
You will find the following video links and resources for this month by scrolling down this page to the bottom, please watch and practice at your convenience. When you have completed them all, the challenge box will open with your instructions and link to upload your material!
- Watch the ‘Complete Actor’s Toolkit’ – Module 1 – video 3 – Fear, Freedom and structure
- Watch the ‘Complete Actor’s Toolkit’ – Module 2 – video 1 – Which verbs
- Watch the ‘Owning Shakespeare’ – Module 1 – video 3 – Peeling The Onion
- Watch the ‘Owning Shakespeare’ – Module 2 – video 1 – Preserving the verse line together: scenes
To officially complete each lesson & unlock the next unit and Self Tape Challenges:
- Complete the lesson in one sitting (timings are stated on each video – allow ten extra minutes for practical play on each one)
- Please watch each lesson right to the very end
COMPLETE THE STEPS TO UNLOCK SELF-TAPE CHALLENGE NUMBER 1!
Complete the lessons in full to access the self tape challenge. You will upload your work and receive detailed personal feedback and practical next steps from one of our industry respected coaches pushing you further toward your acting goals.
Complete Actors Toolkit - Module 1 (continued)
Lesson 3: Fear, Freedom and Structure (10.53)
Complete Actors Toolkit - Module 2
Lesson 1: Which Verbs? (11.44)
Owning Shakespeare - Module 1 continued
3. Peeling The Onion (21.11)